Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stuffies

I think I had alot of things I wanted to write out as the week went by but for the life of me, I can't remember much! 

I know that I wanted to say I've been tv-less and phone-less for about 3 weeks now and I am still alive. Not exactly tv-less though as we have a "spare" one, though not as easily accessible. Phone wise, I think I'm just lazy to get it back, and I must say I enjoy not having one at times. I don't have to worry about parents calling me unnecessarily, and there isn't any wheres-my-phone burden, or any must-remember-to-bring-my-phone burden. Though at times, I wish I had it for convenience sake. But one can truly live without that mobile device.

There's also the issue of my weight. Though not exactly weight and not exactly an issue. I think the bigger problem is fitting into my current clothing! Chap Goh Meh passed 4 days ago and I don't see myself slowing down on the food intake. Too many leftovers I think. I wish I could be discipline enough and try the no sugar thing for at least 3 days. Only 3!! and I fail everyday. Miserably. I also dream that I will start running everyday like I used to 4 years ago, but.. um, lets just stick to no sugar first okay? 

Well, it's also Valentines day. 14th of February. Every year as this day goes by, I would think if the next year's would be the same or if it'd finally be different. This year, it's just another day to me. Wasn't looking forward to it or dreading it or anything. Much like what Halloween (the holiday) is. It's still nice to receives wishes and such since it is something nice to say and to wish to others as well. I think the day Valentines becomes "different" will be when ... I actually don't know. I tried to think of it, but nothing came up. Hmmm, strange. Oh well, I'll just leave it there. 
I'm heading to Singapore today. I'll be leaving early for a family gathering. Wasn't quite looking forward to it, but I'll still go la. Family right? Plus, there'll be shopping to do afterward! And Singapore food! (oh no, I shouldn't be too happy about this)

I started with Leviticus a month or two ago. Someone advised me to just pick a book in the Bible to read. Finish the book, no matter how long or how ever, try to keep a journal etc. So I've been trying. Why Leviticus? After trying a few books, I gave up, prayed, closed my eyes and pointed at a spot. Open my eyes, open the Bible, and it's Leviticus. I know, of all books?! But then again, I attended a camp last year in Australia and the topics were on this book! I didn't doubt it then, and it's actually quite an interesting read. I'm at chapter 8 I think. Haven't touched it for 1 month? Should get back at it since no novels these days can catch my attention fully. I've been trying to read a good book. I think I switched between 3 or 4 already? Never going beyond the 50 page mark. But they're good books!! 

I still miss Australia. I miss Adelaide. I miss Canowindra. I miss the moonlight. It was hot hot hot. But if I'm right, I think the leaves are falling. I wish I didn't have to miss that. It would have been my favourite time of the year. Next year Jasmine!

No comments: